April 13, 2012 Leave a comment
Here is a list of some of the topics that, in a sane world, would be dominating the national political discourse, based on their urgency, seriousness, and the scope of their impact on American citizens:
- Our abysmal jobs numbers
- The soaring national debt
- The crippling rise in gas prices
- The return of stagflation
- The very real threat that Iran may soon acquire a nuclear weapon, and that our ally Israel may take direct military action to prevent this from occurring
- The fact that our own Department of Justice acted as an arms dealer to Mexican drug cartels, that these guns have been used in the killings of at least one US Border Patrol agent and hundreds or possibly thousands of Mexican civilians, and that as the “sting operation” began to unravel and fall apart, the DOJ attempted to cover up what had been done, and shift responsibility downward.
- The shocking potential for widespread voter fraud because of outdated voter rolls and the absence photo ID verification in many parts of the country
- The nigh on criminal misuse of taxpayer funds to provide kickbacks to the President’s political supporters, under the pretense of the money being an “economic stimulus”.
- The length of time it has been since the Democratic-controlled Senate under Harry Reid passed a federal budget.
These are all serious problems worthy of discussion and debate. However, President Obama, his administration, and his allies in the mainstream media don’t seem particularly interested in discussing these matters. Instead, here are a few of the issues they think we should be talking about:
- Free birth control as some kind of fundamental “right”
- An utterly fictitious “war on women” by Republican candidates
- The shooting of a black teenager by a Hispanic Democrat in what may have been self-defense, or may have been a vigilante slaying
- How many cars Mitt Romney owns, and the size of the garage in which he stores them.
- Whether or not Rick Santorum is “weird” for actually believing the things his Catholic faith teaches
- The work ethic of Ann Romney in particular and of stay-at-home moms in general
- The importance of eating your vegetables
Gee, you don’t think Obama could be worried, do you?